Known as the ‘Jewel of the Garden Route’, Knysna is situated along the Indian Ocean in the Western Cape, South Africa; home to a pristine estuary and surrounded by hectares of lush indigenous forest which extends along the coastline. The gorgeous town offers visitors a chance to truly explore and experience the beauty of the Cape. The ecoregion has a subtropical/warm-temperate climate with rainfall year-round.
Come for holiday, come for healing
Knysna is a top holiday destination offering amazing nature and forests for hikers and bikers, lovely beaches and lagoons and it lies near wine and tea farms and various animal sanctuaries.
Knysna offers a variety of top beauty, health and healing options where you can spoil yourself, destress, rejuvenate, heal or lose weight while on holiday. Definitely a must on anyone’s Bucket List.
Things to see and do –
• Cruise the lagoon on a ferry, inflatable boat, yacht or kayak
• Explore the indigenous forests by foot, mountain bike, non-motorised scooter horseback
• Enjoy the rush of adventure activities including whale watching, surfing, paragliding and bungee jumping
• Play golf on three world-class courses
• Participate in exciting annual festivals and events
• Get up close to elephants, monkeys, wolves, wild cats and other animals at numerous wildlife sanctuaries
• Soak up the sun on a pristine beach in Sedgefield, Buffalo Bay or Brenton-on-Sea
• Whale and dolphin sightings most of the year
• Learn about the rich culture and history of the area on a guided walk or tour
• Book a community tourism experience for a homestay or township tour
• Visit off the grid establishments and see Permaculture in practise
• Visit a Vegan restaurant and retreat
• We also have a host of wine and tea farms, beer and gin distilleries along the Garden Route if you want to stock up once you have completed your programme
• Take part in drumming, dancing, sweat lodge and other activities